We are here to help you understand our services
THERE ARE SO MANY WEBSITES WHO PROVIDE SIMILAR SERVICES, WHY SHOULD I PICK YALLA JUNK IT?
You are right! There are indeed many services who collect junk, but the difference is that they:
- Collect your unwanted furniture and there is nothing you get out of it. Everyone has a question what’s in it for me? There is nothing wrong with that. Our business model rewards those who give away their junk by giving them 20% (selected categories) from the sale value.
- Pass it on as it is! Instead, we collect goods and try our best to Upcycle them to give them a second life. Low cost should not mean giving away junk!
- We Support our partner charities in their initiatives e.g. computers in Africa, air conditioners in orphanages etc.
- We Recycle and support our local waste management companies.
Simply put, We are in it for a bigger cause!
HOW CAN I SCHEDULE A PICK-UP FROM MY HOME, OFFICE OR WAREHOUSE?
Just call us during our working hours (9 am-7 pm) or drop us a message on via webform or chat and we will revert to you during working hours.
If you are sending us a message then please mention the preferred time and date of the pick-up along with your address and the list of items you want us to pick. If you can provide pictures of the items, then that will make the process a lot simpler. Our number is 04 2049292
HOW QUICKLY CAN YOU COLLECT MY ITEMS?
We generally book on a first come first serve basis, but we do understand some last-minute situations and will try our best to accommodate your request. Just call or message us and our customer happiness agent will assist you.
HOW MUCH DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE SERVICE? ANY HIDDEN COSTS
Zero! Nothing! The service is completely free for you. Infact we pay you in return once your qualifying item gets sold.
WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THE ITEMS YOU COLLECT?
We established Yalla Junk It because we are committed to reducing our environmental footprint. Using our Yalla Junk It collection service, together we can reduce the amount of waste that gets sent to landfills every year and support affordable living.
This is what we do with the collected items:
- We Upcycle them and then turn them into an affordable and pocket-friendly living.
- We share products with our partner charities
- We send the remaining items to waste management companies in the UAE for proper recycling.
- Clothes that we collect we let people in need collect FREE from our showroom in Ajman
DO I HAVE TO ARRANGE ANY PAPERWORK BEFORE YOU COLLECT MY GOODS?
In order to access your property if we require any special clearance then please arrange it and send it to us via email or WhatsApp, for example some communities require special permission to allow trucks to enter. Just give us clear instructions if your goods are in an unattended location so our staff can collect it without any hassle.
DO I HAVE TO BOX EVERYTHING OR DO YOU BRING YOUR OWN BOXES?
Our staff will have all the right tools but we DO NOT carry boxes. We would appreciate it if our customers can pack items nicely in boxes as this will save them from getting damaged and help us upcycle them better.
DO I HAVE TO BE HOME ALL DAY?
Not necessarily. Just let us know if you prefer a morning or afternoon collection slot and we will arrange the rest. We plan our pickups based on user preference. If for some reason you have to leave, then let us know the changes as soon as possible as this will allow us to optimise our pickup schedule.
HOW CAN YOU ASSIST ME IN VACATING MY HOUSE IF I HAVE TO CLEAR EVERYTHING OUT THE SAME DAY?
We understand sometimes that you only have a few hours remaining and it is not easy to clean out the entire house and hand it over to the property owner. When booking, let us know that you would like our team to assist and we will make sure all the remaining items are removed from your house. You may want to tip our guys, though they will do their best job even if you decide not to.
HOW CAN I ASSIST YOU FURTHER TO MAKE SURE I SUPPORT YOUR INITIATIVE?
- Dismantle what you can, take pictures of how it was before dismantling. This will help us reassemble it quickly when we take it back to our facility and finish upcycling it.
- Sort and pack items in separate boxes, use strong boxes so they do not break during transit.
- Help other community members join the initiative, just let neighbours know if they want to get rid of things also! We can then collect from them while we are picking up yours.
- Get your unused clothes washed and packed, we can get them to the local people in need.
ARE THERE ANY SPECIAL TIPS FOR ME TO KNOW TO AVOID ANY INCONVENIENCE?
Not all places are the same so there are a few tips that we would like you to follow:
- Staircases always make it difficult to remove bulky items. There are two ways to go about it, either you can have them taken down and keep it for us to collect from the ground floor or pay our pickup staff to take them down. Typically a bulky furniture item to be taken down from a 10 story building will cost around AED 100.
- If you are living in a closed community or have security persons present then please seek all approvals for our team to pick up the goods. If there are any restrictions e.g. special timings etc. then please mention this during the booking.
HOW CAN I JOIN YOUR INITIATIVE? I WANT TO BE PART OF THIS!
We have many community ambassadors who believe in our cause and support us to grow and help the environment. Just reach out to us on 04-2049292 and we will be happy to take you on board. Also, join our social media pages and share our posts and service information among your friends and families.
WHAT KIND OF ITEM YOU COLLECT ?
Easy answer is that anything that you are unable to sell and want to get rid off. We don’t collect anything that is considered scrap, medicines, food items, illegal items, imitation products & Cosmetics.
HOW DO I COLLECT MY 20% SHARE OF THE PRICE ?
Once goods are sorted and our white glove team Upcycled It then we will list them on our online shopping store www.thinkypcycle.ae.
You can check on our online store if your product has been sold or not, if it has a label SOLD OUT then just drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be able to assist you.
You have various options: You can either collect cash from our showroom, get exchange vouchers of our showroom Think Upcycle, request us to donate your cash to registered charity or wire it via PayPal ( fees apply). Just drop us a line on email@example.com and they will guide you through the process.
We serve 100’s of selling partners so it difficult to inform everyone about their earnings, we request you to check with us by emailing our finance team.
Typically it can take up to 4weeks once goods are sold before our system prepares a final earning statement. This is to make sure any refunds, exchanges are been taken care of as we do offer exchange and return policy to our end customers.
We pay 20% after deducting any delivery charges.
HOW DOES YOUR EXCHANGE DISCOUNT VOUCHER WORKS ?
It’s simple, if you are thinking of replacing things at home or office then why not check out our online shopping store or our showroom www.thinkupcycle.ae. If you like something then you can simply send us the pics of your item on WhatsApp +971585927522 we will send you an evaluation and if accepted then we will offer you Think Upcycle exchange discount voucher of up to 15% that you can then use at our showroom against any purchase.
WHY DO YOU ONLY PAY 20%?
We are the only service in the UAE who actually pays to collect your junk.
Yes, it sounds extreme that we keep 80% but there is a cost that we incur in Goods collection
- Upcycling your goods
- Storing it at our showroom – space is expensive
- We market and advertise
- A sales team is employed.
- We do all the selling
In the end, we keep a small profit to keep the business running so we can share more happiness.
DO YOU REALLY GIVE FREE CLOTHES?
Yes, if you have given us clothes to give away we put them on display and let the community benefit from your generosity. We just become the means to make it happen.
We think we are the only one who’s doing this for free!! I think we picked this up from the DNA of UAE.
DO I GET MONEY FOR ALL THE ITEMS YOU COLLECT?
No, not everything we only give 20% on Sellable Beds, Wardrobes, Sofas, Chest of drawers, Shoe Racks and media consoles. Everything else if you want us we can collect free of cost and channel into the society accordingly. Our booking form has all the categories that are excluded from 20% and our customer care team will explain to you when you call to book.
WHAT IS YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THINK UPCYCLE ?
We are just a junk collection booking service of Think Upcycle, registered company in the UAE.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR MY GOOD TO GET DISPLAYED?
It takes between 4-6 weeks, we will inform you as soon it is up.
I DO NOT SEE MY ITEMS LISTED ON YOUR ONLINE SHOPPING STORE?
For any query just call our customer care line. Typically items can take up to 8 weeks, in order for you to find your items you can simply type your name in the search bar and your items will appear. If not, then they must be in the process of getting listed.
DO YOU TAKE THINGS DOWN FROM THE STAIRS?
No, due to health and safety of our staff we do not take things down from the stairs. You may want to discuss this privately with the staff but thats between you and them.
I DID NOT RECEIVE EXACT 20% AS YOU PROMISED, WHY?
From time to time and as market changes we enhance our offering by adding our service charges in the price to make it easy for the customer e.g. Delivery, Installation etc. When we calculate your 20% we exclude such charges and then give you 20% on the base price.
CAN YOU TRANSFER MY EARNING TO MY BANK ACCOUNT?
Yes, we can. Just call our customer care line and they will be able to guide you through the process. Kindly note min bank transfer value is 50AED. Also, if money has to be claimed within 12 months of the sale.
WHAT IF MY ITEMS GET DAMAGED DURING TRANSIT?
Our staff try their level best to transport goods securely and we provide them ample wrapping material however, sometimes things are out of our control and things do get damage. This will be assessed when goods arrive at our sorting facility and we decide if this can be repaired or has to go to recycle. If for whatever reasons we have to send it to recycle then we mark your items at Zero Value and run it through our system. You will see those items on your account statement as 0.00 value.
CAN I CHANGE MY MIND AND COME AND COLLECT MY GOODS?
No, its not possible. There are various reasons for that.
- We provided the entire service free of charge and transfer of ownership gets shifted to us when we collect your items
- Once we receive your items there are a lot of process and workflows it has to go through as we are completely digital organisation. It become difficult to remove the item from the system
We suggest you evaluate you items carefully before giving.
WHY ALL OF MY ITEMS DO NOT QUALIFY FOR 20% OFFER
Our customer care team will explain and answer all your questions at the time of booking. We received 100’s of items every week. Only Beds, Wardrobes, Sofas, Chest of drawers, Shoe Racks, Coffee Tables, Media Consoles, that does not require much to repair, can qualify for 20% but all other items we are happy to collect Free of Cost and use appropriate channels to reintroduce them in the society. Also, all appliances go outside 20% as we offer 7-day cashback to our customers since none of the preowned appliances comes with any warranty.
WHY MY ITEMS ARE NOT SELLING?
Its a very good question. Its very difficult to dictate when customer comes to our showroom or online store. Customer decide what they like. We do advise that you submit good attractive and multiple pictures of your items. Picture worth 1000 words and that true. It does help in selling.