THINK UPCYCLE SMART PLATFORM AND SERVICE
UPDATED ON 01/02/2020
Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) may modify this agreement at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified agreement on the Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) site. You hereby agree to review the agreement periodically, to be aware of such modifications and your continued access or use of the service shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified agreement.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE AND CONTENT POLICY
Yalla Junk It is a FREE Junk Collection service that connects to our unique marketplace (Think Upcycle). It is a FREE storage service with a real physical showroom and an online marketplace, allowing you to move your unwanted items to our showroom so you can enjoy the freedom of space. Our white-glove team upcycles your junk and our dedicated sales team does the selling for you and we pay you back a flat 20% once it\’s sold. One of the primary goals of is to reduce landfill, driving sustainability and giving second life to things. By joining the service, you become a member of a Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) marketplace and community for listing and switching items.
We may collect everything but only upcycle items that are worthy of upcycling. This happens at our sorting facility once good arrives. Our upcycle criteria are:
- Goods must be in functional and useable condition
- Packed properly by the owner
- Clothes for the giveaway to be packed separately and marked clearly
- Marked with the owner name and number of items, in each bag or box.
- Accept our terms and conditions
If items are fragile then we recommend that the owner deliver items at our showroom, we do not take any responsibility if items get damaged during the transfer.
Smaller items such as crockery single items, books, utensils, etc are not listed under the 20% sales proceed policy. Once goods arrive at the sorting facility and checked by our white glove team, only then we will decide what items can be upcycled. Customers will be informed and remaining items will either be sent for recycling, given to charities or simply left as is (without upcycling) for end customers to take.
It is at Think Upcycle sole discretion to keep your goods on the shop floor, if items are not sold within 4 weeks period, Think Upcycle reserves the right to either ask the owner to collect goods or dispose of off if not collected.
By using the Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It), you agree to comply with these Terms. You agree to conform to any posted guidelines that may be applicable, which may change or be updated from time to time at Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) sole discretion. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for reviewing these Terms from time to time.
Should you object to any of the terms or condition of these Terms, any guideline, or any subsequent changes thereto or become unhappy with Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) in any way, your only choice is to immediately discontinue use of Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) service and inform us removing your items from our store and online. We will not send any notices, informing you of the change in Terms and Conditions.
At present, access to the service is free, but we may impose a charge at some point in the future to defray the cost of providing this valuable service. If we do add any fees, you will be given plenty of notice and have the opportunity to accept or decline the charges. If you choose to use paid aspects of the service, you agree to the pricing terms that come with it. We act as a venue to allow our users who comply with these Terms to list things via our showroom or web portal.
You understand that Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) is not responsible for any listing, information, messages between users, whether through the Website or another Third Party Website (defined below) or offerings, comments, user postings, files, images, photos, video, sounds, made available through web portal (\”Content\”), Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) will do its best to control the content via moderation but we do not take any responsibility of the user content. Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) reserves the right to remove any listing without any reason.
You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for and must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content and that under no circumstances will Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) be liable in any way for the content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the collection, sorting and listing.
You acknowledge and agree that Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) has the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to refuse, delete or move any content that is or may be available through the web portal and showroom, without having to give any explanations.
Furthermore, the web portal and content available through the web portal may contain links to other third party websites (\”Third Party Websites\”), which are completely unrelated to Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It). Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) makes no representation or guarantee as to the accuracy or authenticity of the information contained in any such Third Party Websites, and linking to any other websites is done completely to provide further information on the content and Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) disclaims all liability thereto.
In connection with such content given to Think Upcycle on, you affirm, acknowledge, represent, warrant and covenant that:
- You are the original owner of the supplied content.
- On collection, you hereby grant to Think Upcycle an irrevocable, non-cancellable right to reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display in connection with Think Upcycle operation, web portal, including without limitation for the purpose of promoting and redistributing part or all of the content therein (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels now or hereafter known.
- You give the rights to transfer the ownership of your content to Think Upcycle and give full authority to discard, upcycle, list in the showroom and online web portal.
- These rights are required by Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) in order to host and display and promote your content.
- You also hereby grant each user of the Website a non-exclusive license to access your content through our web portal and at the showroom.
- Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) does not endorse any content or any opinion, statement, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with user content.
- Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights in the showroom and web portal and Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) may, at its sole discretion, remove any infringing content.
- Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) may terminate a user\’s access to the web portal and service if they are determined to be a repeat infringer or found to be indulging in any act contrary to these Terms. A repeat infringer is a user who has been notified of infringing activity more than twice and/or has had a user submission removed from the website more than twice.
- Further, at its sole discretion, Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) reserves the right to decide whether any Content is appropriate and complies with these Terms.
We do not list content that you do not have a right to make available under any law, regulation, contractual relationship(s); that is harmful, abusive, unlawful, threatening, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, libellous, invasive of another\’s privacy or other rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or illegal gambling or harms or could harm minors in any way or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever; that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful towards any individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability.
Or any content that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person\’s explicit consent; that impersonates any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Think Upcycle (Yalla Junk It) employee, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents an affiliation with a person or entity; deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature; that is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, or constitutes \”bait and switch\” offer; that constitutes or contains unsolicited advertisements of a commercial nature.